Translate

Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 222 of Giving Thanks

The desert is familiar territory for me only because I have traveled the same path for such a long time. But, like Joshua, I feel like I have stepped into leadership – it is scary where I am right now. And yet, He commands us “be strong and courageous” over and over. We are told that we can trust Him, and that His love is like no other, yet, I am fearful. “But do it anyway” I hear; no matter the cost, “do it anyway”. I have stepped in to the promise land over and over in my mind, but the actual steps that take me from where I am to where God has me going is all new. Someone said today, you beam confidence, and before I would say I sported bravado, the confidence I have now is real, secure and trusting that His command is clear.

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” ~ Joshua 1:9

I am grateful that I realize, that if I try to step in on my own power, I will continue to travel this horrible desert. And, I must go boldly without hesitation, in confidence.

“For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7

How many things have I given up on in the past, that if I had just plowed through, I would have realized this dream that I have fought so hard for. And, today in confidence, I am grateful that I believe. I believe that His promises are for me; not the other gal or guy; I believe that I can see the Promise land because God has already given me what I have been so afraid to take? How much has the blood of Christ paid for?

Press in instead of running away. When you believe that you are in the will of God and people tell you to shut-up, stop because it is too hard - believe in “fear not, God is with you”. (see Joshua 1)

I am grateful that today I have a sense of urgency that has been hidden; the one that says “it’s ok to feel fear, but confront it anyway! Go ahead Shawn, do things afraid.”

“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” 1 John 4:18

We are given a spirit of power, love and we must harness all that He has for us.

Video Blog

© 2010 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
New International Version used for this lesson.

VIDEO BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me