Translate

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 216 of Giving Thanks

“Time is of the essence" came to mind as we talked about business planning casually this afternoon. The suggestion was that I become very good at discerning how my time is spent – what I do, who I do it with and always following a set schedule. I was curious to see where that phrase came from, so I looked it up on Google. To me, the phrase seems to be very vague. It is actually a contractual or legal term which is very specific to time frames.

My perspective drastically changed today in a couple of areas. First through the discussion about how my time is spent and how I think about my time is so important. My determination is that my time frame for reaching my goals is a priority and the more specific I am, the better it will be. And, as I identify my goals the people to spend my time with will be figured out also.

Timing is everything, right? We had a team gathering tonight and went over goals. One of the action items is to label each goal as 1, 3, 5 and 10 year goals; then put specific dates to the top 5 goals. As a moderator, I was able to take a lot in. So, second, I observed that most people, including myself, also require accountability of some kind. Today was another one of those days where seeing what I am supposed to see today, took most of the day. As I prayed this morning, I sought to be wise with my time, to be productive as I went through my day, and to align with the right people.

I am grateful for perfect timing, awesome people, and God’s hand in EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me