Translate

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day 224, of Giving Thanks

I love to cook and do the things at home, but lately feel like there is just so little time. I realized today, that my life runs on full all the time. Chris tries to reel me in, but I resist – “I can’t rest yet. I have too many things to accomplish”. And, as that thought came in this morning. I had to reflect a bit on that. I have always had so much pressure to perform, and in the years when I lay dormant, I always prayed about the days when I would be back in the swing of things again. I promised I would take a day of rest, and with my family. And, now in the midst of this cycle, I “feel” I cannot take the time to rest. There is a time to rest and replenish. These times will either be planned or forced.

Today was one of those days. I had 5 appointments on my calendar for today, and all rescheduled. The first two, allowed me to get my exercise in that is so needed – I walked the hills and the stairs at the college near my house for an hour – that itself forced rest. Then I received a text message rescheduling my other three, instant schedule change and change of plans.

There are always things to be done here at the house – Chris always calls it the WIP (works in progress) house. We have so many projects that we will stay busy until we die, according to him. We worked on a few things and cleaned up a couple messes and I even took a nap, which only occurs about twice a year. I am grateful for forced change, on occasion and the rest and time at home I needed today. Lord, thank you for giving me this time today with Chris, thank you for putting a little fire back into my soul so I can be ready and on fire for the coming weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me