Translate

Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 218 of Giving Thanks

I was reminded today while reading a post on “MOVING TIPS” how many times I have moved in my lifetime. The number is 18 – which means, I have moved, on average every 2.5 years; most of which have been in the last fifteen years. While reading the tips, I saw a tip that mentioned getting rid of stuff and thought “let go of everything weighing me down”. Then in reading His Love Extended’s blog, Sandy talked about letting go of pride – and my first thought was “I am doing pretty good here… right?” Well, that killed it right there.

Full circle as I journey from location to location and from move to move, I am comforted and grateful that He knew my here and now even before the earth was formed. Each and every step is noted and He acknowledges them. I am humbled by His light shining on my path and by my stubbornness. After reading the brief list of where pride hides – I know that there are many more prideful things for God to illuminate and share with me. I am grateful to know that these things that are note-worthy and will be life-changing if I can just let go of myself to become more of Him. Lord, I am so arrogant to believe that I can be better with my own works, I pray that You will intensely highlight where pride keeps me from Your presence and from Your blessings. I pray for wisdom and humility as You identify me and as I seek You to work in me.

And, again I pray “Lord I am ready for my dream, if I am not ready, continue to prepare me.


"The arrogance of (me) man will be brought low and the pride of (me) men humbled; the LORD alone will be exalted in that day..." ~Isaiah 2:17

2 comments:

  1. "The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride." Ecclesiastes 7:8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn,

    Thanks so much for your heart-felt comment on my post today. I planned on posting something completely different and felt a nudge to post on humility instead. Then I came over here to thank you and find how much it really ministered to you today. Thank you for posting about it on your blog.

    And can I just say...I've moved 3 times in my life and one of those times was locally. I cannot imagine moving on an average of every 2.5 years! Girl...how in the WORLD do you do that? I find moving to be one of the most emotionally taxing endeavors I've ever encountered. Is that true for you or do you eventually get used to it?

    Blessings,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me