Translate

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 214 of Giving Thanks

A friend said she was working out some heart issues recently, and I thought “what in my heart is not settled?” Where can I turn to make sure that my heart is in tact? Then I prayed for another friend, as she was tired, weary and worried – and all my fatigue and feelings of worry lifted as well. My heart is filled with so many things that are new; newness in my relationship with God, and how I can relate to others, as well as a newness of outlook and who I am becoming.


As I read through Psalm 145 this morning, I realized how far He has brought me and that even though I am nowhere that is notable, He is with me and that is notable. I am grateful for all my dreams and desires over the years. I am grateful that my dream has taken the time it has for me to fully comprehend what it actually is. And, I am grateful that as I embark on this new path, where God leads and I follow, that hope has never been more real.


“By wisdom a house is built”. I have spent years seeking for the voice; watching for the signs that my faith could be trusted and it wasn’t until I heard God speak to me in my language that the understanding began – “and through understanding it is established”. Lord, thank you for helping me to build this house on solid ground; for always knowing what I need, how to make me hear and when to push me even more. I am so grateful for knowing that Your work in me is nowhere near completed and there is so much hope for the future in knowing that.


 “It takes wisdom to build a house, a
and understanding to set it on a firm foundation;
It takes knowledge to furnish its rooms
   with fine furniture and beautiful draperies.”
 ~Proverbs 24:3 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me