Translate

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Day 219 of Giving Thanks

I have a new addition to my morning routine. As I get ready, I go to YouTube and type in a word, and see what comes up. This morning I typed in “time”. There was an amazing video that came up (Time is so important). And, as I reflected on the word “time”, I realized how much time I have wasted in my life “dealing with situations”, and honestly, the process I go through at times to “make my point” or “make them understand where I am coming from”, are all efforts to “have my own way” many of the times.

“God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble." ~James 4:6

In other’s revelations and walks I learn a lot. “Go in humility…” were the words that came from God and through my mouth, as today I had a chance to peer into my own windows through the eyes of two friends.

My first friend was dealing with a boundary issue – you know the ones where people walk on you, abuse your generosity and their actions somehow get you in trouble? The solution, unknown to us, but we gave it to God in prayer today.

In the second instance, my friend felt that she was caught with no options but to cut ties and run – to deal with the ramifications of her actions later. My experience in such matters was what I shared. In calm and collected wisdom, I shared that it was best to acknowledge the differences in style and philosophy with this person; and to not waste time on identifying these areas where they differed; to just move forward and learn to work with one another; so that each can grow into the leader God intends.

"When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom." ~Proverbs 11:2

And through their situations the image of one area of God’s completed work in me appeared. Lord, I am grateful that I have seen so many circumstances more than once in my life; that these lessons, although painful at the time, were designed for this purpose. Thank You for being faithful in teaching me to use them for good, and helping me to understand that again, “time is of the essence” and is purposed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me