Translate

Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 232 of Giving Thanks

I may as well keep on the theme from the weekend. What an amazing training we had in Anaheim, with Tom Hopkins, Hector LaMarque and Chris Howard. The timing for all this could not have been more perfect. With all the changes God has orchestrated in my life; my walk with Him, my health and my business, a statement made this weekend has been marinating on my heart. Tom said “our past is ashes”. And, the visual is probably one most of us can relate to. When we have a fire in the fire place, what was once wood, and paper, after intense heat and flame, becomes the finest powder. So fine that if left in the wind it is carried off instantly. If placed in the dirt, it blends right in. If you play with it, what ever you touch is covered in soot.

My past has many things that should be turned to ash; and I don’t want to continue to “play” with it, as it keeps me dirty; if I put lay it to the side, I can walk on it and track it back in. So, today, in my mind I take all the past memories – the pictures in my mind, the feelings of pain so fresh on my heart, the thinking that does not belong in God’s temple – and I put them in a bucket.

Lord, I place these memories to burn, as they do not serve me. With your fire, turn them into ashes Lord. As I sit and release all the pain, heartache, illness, anger, “unresolved feelings” and suffering to You, I feel a weight lifted that has been placed here for so long.  Father, I am grateful for a new start, one that gives new meaning to a “child of God” for me. Almighty Father, take these ashes and scattered them to the wind, far away.

Beauty for Ashes "and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor." ~ Isaiah 61:3

Day 232 Video Blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QT0c9JYk0U

·        Today, put my past, my bucket of ashes into the compost.
·        Today, the good you have learned will germinate; think of all the pain as fertilizer.
·        Today, the process that began the day you were born continues.
·        YOU are blooming into the most amazing creation of God.

© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                    
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

1 comment:

  1. Thankyou for sharing your journey with me, it helps to see your blog that says giving thanks daily . At times I get very frustrated with life circumstances thankyou for the daily reminder to give thanks for the blessings I do have!

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me