Translate

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 227 of Giving Thanks

Some times I just have to laugh at myself – my mistakes as well as my mishaps or even the missed opportunities. Today, as I was editing a document, I got a call and my CEO who says “did you see that in the last letter, we had ‘cherish our enemies’ instead of ‘cherish our memories’”? Well, nope, I missed that one. And, it got me to thinking; what if we cherished our enemies?

What do I do when I cherish something? I give the best of myself to those people and things I cherish – I have a fondness in my heart when I think of them or talk about them or to them. I pray for them. I speak highly of them.

So, in analyzing that statement – “cherish my enemies” I can go from a type-o to a changed heart. God, has worked on this one with me for some time now; the old me is wronged, bitter, angry, sulking and down right grouchy when I think of them.

I do notice the difference between, “my enemies” and “the enemy”.  And, Jesus tells us “But I tell you: Love your enemies”.

”But I tell you: Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." ~ Matthew 5:44-48

So today, I am grateful that I have learned to laugh at myself. And, as I make the mistakes remember that everyone makes them, and that forgiveness from me is the one I need to get first. I am grateful Lord that you have changed me and CONTINUE to change me into your likeness.  Lord, help me to "cherish, even my enemies", that I can have a clear heart in everything I do. That even when hurt, I can know when to let go and learn to pray for those who have hurt me. And, even if I start with cherishing the not harboring, that I can be grateful in that.

Video-Cherish My Enemies

1 comment:

  1. Take a look at Steve's message today as well.
    http://www.facebook.com/notes/steve-wickham/the-way-to-wisdom-and-faith-so-youll-fail-not-proverbs-24/442966929368

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me