Translate

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 228 of Giving Thanks

I am grateful for my daily time with God. And, today, I didn’t have it in the morning, in fact, I haven’t had it yet. Let me tell you about my day. I am getting ready to be out of town for some training this weekend in Anaheim (near Disneyland) – we will leave Friday early afternoon and return really late Sunday or early in the morning on Monday. In preparing, which, honestly, the only part I planned well was getting my work done at work - which meant getting ahead of schedule there – good luck! As far as the actual trip, I have put very little thought in to it.

I was all on track this morning, I had exactly 5 hours of work to do, and then I was out the door for a date with my husband at 1pm. I arrived at 8am, skipped lunch and I left at 2:02. I should know better than to plan so well.  It was still early, so I thought I would jump on the freeway, and get home a few minutes earlier than going the side streets (which at 5pm is the best route). My fifteen minute ride home was thirty seven minutes.

And, I say, why do I go through all this? Because I know for a fact, if I had set the time aside, like I normally do, and given my day to God – His time management assistance would have controlled my day and I wouldn’t feel rushed right now.

So, as I head to rest tonight, I will sing His praises and quiet my mind and find rest in His Presence.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.
 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
 Worship the LORD with gladness; 
       come before him with joyful songs.

 Know that the LORD is God. 
       It is he who made us, and we are his 
       we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving 
       and his courts with praise; 
       give thanks to him and praise his name.

For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; 
       his faithfulness continues through all generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me