Translate

Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 296 of Giving Thanks

My mountain is not to be moved or removed; it is to be climbed – one step after the other. And through this climb my only job is to follow Him – foot hold after foot hold. When I fall or fail, I am to trust that He has be securely in His arms and His footings will carry me until I can carry on for myself.  

 

Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals." ~Henry Ford


I have prayed for a nice steady hillside, and in the end received a rock face like The Himalayas, and honestly been angry at God for giving me so many obstacles and hard routes to follow. My entire climb, every “one step forward and three steps back” forces me to keep my eyes on the right things, the right focus is my God and where He is leading me.

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:31-32

Father as I steady my pace, and learn to trust that only with You I will reach the top of my mountain, I look to You –  I trust You Lord, help me through all the things I cannot see, and all the things I can see make them as they truly are – another way to let You be in control. And again I pray “Lord I am ready for my dream, if I am not ready, continue to prepare me.” In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

 "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." ~Hebrews 11:1

 

”It is while you are patiently toiling at the little tasks of life that the meaning and shape of the great whole of life dawn on you. “
~ Phillips Brooks





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me