Translate

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 300 of Giving Thanks

A spectacular image to ponder... Likening myself to a butterfly, who recently shed the confines of the cocoon; and is now ready to soar through life and touch others with the beauty of the transformation. And as I live out my life, Father, help me to bring the beauty of Your creation and shine as a light. Let my actions and motives be pure, lovely and attractive. Lord, I pray that my transparency and honesty reflect You in me. Let my wings be windows to Your love and truth and glorify YOU. Let my life only reflect YOU, the almighty creator of heaven and earth.

Father as I spread my wings and I learn to fly, be with me, let the Holy Spirit be my map and navigator, and the draft I need to stay in the air. Lord, it is Your power, Your strength and courage I seek – and it is my heart’s desire to be in Your presence. For it is You who makes me soar; it is You who keeps me moving forward; it is You in which all my hope is placed; and You who completes me and keeps me joyful.

 “Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
   or, whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
   He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
   He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
   And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes (me) who get tired,
   gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
   young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
   They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
   they walk and don't lag behind.” ~Isaiah 40:27-31 (The Message)

“Life is this simple: We are living in a world that is absolutely transparent and God is shining through it all the time. This is not just a fable or a nice story. It is true. If we abandon ourselves to God and forget ourselves, we see it sometimes, and we see it maybe frequently. God shows Himself everywhere, in everything - in people and in things and in nature and in events. It becomes very obvious that He is everywhere and in everything and we cannot be without Him. It's impossible. It's simply impossible. The only thing is that we don't see it.” ~ Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me