Translate

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 318 of Giving Thanks

There were a couple things very present in my mind today – visible hope for the restoration of my body – with a plan and confirmation that this is where God wants me; and visible evidence that my husband and I can still have a good time doing normal stuff.  For these simple things I am grateful.

A normal day – it has been a very long time since I felt normal.  Settling back into normalcy when all has been chaotic for many years is like trying on a dress that I haven’t worn in years, yet it still fits. I remember how the fabric felt, what the reflection in the mirror looked like and how a compliment from Chris gave my spirit a boost. The style is a bit outdated, but it is still ok – because I have a God who assures me that when I am restored, I will be better than before; because the restoration is all part of His mighty plan – where I am perfected over time.

Every day God gives me many gifts; His attention – His voice – His will – His words and promises. Today I praise Him again that I am content with my journey – normal or chaotic, He is with me – and what a wonderful thing to praise.

Psalm 150
 Praise the LORD.
       Praise God in his sanctuary;
       praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power;
       praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet,
       praise him with the harp and lyre,
praise him with tambourine and dancing,
       praise him with the strings and flute,
 praise him with the clash of cymbals,
       praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
       Praise the LORD
.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me