Translate

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Day 308 of Giving Thanks

The first post that I saw today came from my friend … “Never never never never never never never never never never never never never GIVE UP. Stay in it. Work thru it. We'll make it!” Thanks Heather. And, as usual the other things I have been meditating on come together. I am grateful for the whole picture – that all pieces when they are scattered appear to be incomplete, but as God lays the path, and the pieces are placed by His mighty hand it is all perfect.

And, it is perfect today.

Wow, this verse is so real to me right now. It's like it has jumped off the page and into my heart.

"We also boast of our troubles, because we know that trouble produces endurance, endurance brings God's approval, and his approval creates hope. This hope does not disappoint us, for God has poured out his love into our hearts by means of the Holy Spirit, who is God's gift to us." ~Romans 5:3-5 (GNT)

I am grateful that when I “feel” close to the end physically, I am given, yet another gift – the gift of His promises through His wonderful word. Today, as every day, I will hold fast. I will move forward in my day, in gratitude that I am here to see the sunshine again. As I sit in silence this morning, in Your presence, Lord, I imagine the warmth of the sun on my face – as You pour Your energy into me. And, again, I am up and moving. Father thank You for your grace and mercy and Your power beneath me to push through.

Mercy Me, Hold Fast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hny-xp4k9c

Father, you know my needs - I pray for Your will, and I pray that Your will match the desires You have placed so deep within my heart. For me the obstacles seem too many, the pain and exhaustion too much to bear today. Help me Lord to fulfill my obligations today and continue toward realizing my dream.  Thank You Lord for the gifts of hope and joy – and the perfect placement of all things.

“When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot, and hang on.” ~Franklin D. Roosevelt


“The best way out is always through.” ~Robert Frost

© 2010/2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me