Translate

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 323 of Giving Thanks

I sat for a few hours tonight in a waiting room and in that time I was able to reflect on many things. First, I want to relay to everyone how thankful I am that God pulled me to where I am; that my skepticism didn’t turn into hatred, distrust or torment. I am grateful that I am loving, kind, compassionate and trusting. I am so thankful that I heard God, despite that at one time I turned my heart and mind off to the possibility of Him.

As I sat and watched the people around me, I could see pain, not just in the physical aspect, but in some of the faces. Some were alone in that waiting room, and no one to call; some called, but no one answered. I spoke to a couple of people and prayed for them – three unknowingly to them, one I prayed for and told her. Prayer is an awesome gift we can give to anyone, with no cost to us at all.

I thought again of how rich my life is. How just having a heart of gratitude changes everything. It truly changes everything – my perspective, my outlook, my history and my time to come. Through Your word I can read Your promises, but Lord it is the confirmation I receive that embeds Your promises so deeply in my heart.

It is my heart’s desire to do Your will, to be one that others will see something different.

You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.”  ~ 2 Corinthians 9:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me