Translate

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day 302 of Giving Thanks

I love when God is clear -
even when I don't like it!
 
I stand my ground and I am learning not to question things when they come up – I already know who is in the eye of the storm with me. What an amazing assurance to have. He will rebuke the winds and calm the seas – And no matter what type of storm I am going through, He stands in the eye of it with me. Lord, I know You are here with me – thank You!

Storm to storm!
Clearing to clearing!
Promise to promise!
Confirmation to confirmation!

I am not saying that all is figured out, and that my circumstances have changed all that much since my journey began – however, I am saying that God is perfect in every way!
  • The way He loves me
  • The way He teaches me
  • The way He uses others to speak to me
  • The way He lovingly corrects me
  • The way He empowers me
  • The way He guides me

So storm or clearing I am settled in knowing that all is purposed for me to become who God created me to be and His plan is perfectly laid before me, and He goes before me every time.

Today I am grateful for three specific things; one, that though I still fight with God in how I should do things, the time it takes me to figure out He is right, is becoming less and less – and two, that I can count on His promises and He promises healing and I wait for him joyfully – and three, that even if I “feel” I am going down, I know His hand is right there, keeping me above it all.

"…Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace." ~Luke 8:48

"As for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." ~Micah 7:7

"Jesus Calms the Storm - One day Jesus said to his disciples, "Let's go over to the other side of the lake." So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, he fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger. The disciples went and woke him, saying, "Master, Master, we're going to drown! He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging waters; the storm subsided, and all was calm. "Where is your faith?" He asked his disciples. In fear and amazement they asked one another, "Who is this? He commands even the winds and the water, and they obey him." ~Luke 8:22-25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me