Translate

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 321 of Giving Thanks

Diagnosis – in need of healing, repair, change and restoration
Prognosis – perfect, daughter of the King

Tonight I gave some advice to teammate, and suggested a change in how they ‘talk to themselves’. I have been giving myself this same advice for years – and until recently, it didn’t really click. I need to be my own best encourager and cheerleader, outside of God. And, I do that by going to God. I do that by listening to what God has to say, who He says I am. I must hold every thought captive, simply said…

“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.” ~2 Corinthians 10:5


And again I pray “Lord I am ready for my dream, if I am not ready, continue to prepare me.” In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen. I am grateful Lord that Your voice is becoming the loudest voice I hear; that even in turmoil (in my mind) or through challenges, because I seek You, I hear You.

“The world is unprincipled. It's dog-eat-dog out there! The world doesn't fight fair. But we don't live or fight our battles that way—never have and never will. The tools of our trade aren't for marketing or manipulation, but they are for demolishing that entire massively corrupt culture. We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of life shaped by Christ. Our tools are ready at hand for clearing the ground of every obstruction and building lives of obedience into maturity.” ~2 Corinthians 10:3-6




1 comment:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me