Translate

Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 317 of Giving Thanks

For so long now I have prayed the same prayer and for months I have truly felt on the verge of realizing it. The closer You draw me near, the closer I am to knowing what You have for me.

I found myself, again, complaining yesterday about my “situation” – working hard to justify where I am by blaming, rather thank taking responsibility. This is not an attractive place to be, and yet, I know that this part of the path. This path, that I have taken, is completely necessary for me to fully comprehend how to lead others with a servant’s heart.  You are my leader Lord, and it is when I implement that practice, I understand fully where You want me.

“It is better to trust the Lord than to put confidence in people.” ~Psalm 118:8

I am grateful LORD, that every time I find myself dwelling on things I thought were already repaired, I realize that I am trying desperately to depend on me, rather than You. I am greatly aware that I must allow You to work this out through Your process.

And again I pray “Lord I am ready for my dream, if I am not ready, continue to prepare me.” I am ready, open and willing to do what it takes and give you what I cannot do. Lead me now, show me how to serve as Jesus served.

“And whoever would be first among you must be slave of all. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” ~Mark 10:44-45 


Leadership happens when I decide to listen. This is two-fold. I must first listen to what God has for me and second, I must listen to others so I can hear how to best serve them. Father, thank You for keeping me grounded in hearing Your voice, and pulling me back when necessary.

Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” ~Luke 6:38 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me