Translate

Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 303 of Giving Thanks

There are a couple of storms that seem to repeat in my life. I am sure others feel the same way that I do with certain things, and yesterday God was so revealing to me.

When I respond the “same way” to a certain circumstance, how can I expect the results to be anything else than what it was before? “Keep doin’ whatchya been doin, you’ll keep gettin’ whatchya been gettin’!” Wow, now why hasn’t anyone told me that before (obviously, tongue in cheek)?

“If the LORD delights in my ways, he makes my steps firm;though I stumble, I will not fall, for the LORD upholds me with his hand.” ~Psalm 37:23-24

Often times I can feel like I go backwards instead of forward – and that can be devastating when I have a goal or objective in mind, and I blow a deadline or just blow it, period. What I heard as I went to God with this today is “in reality, it is stepping in the right direction that counts, Shawn. I (God) may even have you step in reverse or even side ways to keep moving forward.”.

Like breathing, I just need to remember to walk, keep my feet moving!

‎"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~Jeremiah 29:11

I must remember to keep moving even when, especially when (my favorite phrase this week), adversity arises or the adversary steps in my path. ALWAYS Walking toward God and with God no matter what. I already know that He hears me and knows my desires and my dreams.

My objective is to listen for His voice and hear His steps ahead of mine, even when, especially when I can't see Him there.

Walking for me means so many things, as it is when I walk upright and justly, that I know I am heading in the right direction.

“I can do everything through him who gives me strength.” ~Philippians 4:13 (NIV)
‎"As for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me." ~Micah 7:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me