Translate

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 307 of Giving Thanks

It really seems surreal to think back on this last year – it is very “dream-like”, there are moments that are vivid, and full of color, and then others that seem to have been lived by someone else. Yesterday I put over 20 years of medical history onto paper – that too was quite surreal, as there are moments when I truly have outer-body experiences; and I believe that is God’s regular gift to me. The ability to remove myself from the pain or memory of the pain has allowed me to function pretty normally over the years.

I was told a couple weeks ago that I live my life in the clouds, and I became very defensive – and now, putting this all in perspective, I would have to agree with that accusation. But I am viewing that as a compliment, rather than a dig.

I was also told that I was too positive, that I focus way too much on what is right, and would be better off to focus on what I need to change. And, I will focus on how I can change to be more like Christ, and in the process, I will change and my life will enhance. There is nothing better to focus on than that, in my opinion.

I am grateful that God made me in a way that every day is a new day in my mind. For the most part, I can release yesterday’s day and start anew. Today, I am a new creation. And every day, I must look upon every day and every moment as a gift – a gift to be enjoyed and shared. Come be joyful with me.

“The Lord will fight for ME; I need only to be still.” Psalm 37:7

Father, remove my prayers of needs today, let me praise You for all You have done, for all You give and all I have to look forward to. Lord, help me to live a life that glorifies You – a life that I knowingly and willingly choose to be grateful for, no matter the circumstances.  

“When I walk into the thick of trouble, 
keep me alive in the angry turmoil. 
With one hand 
strike my foes, 
With your other hand 
save me. 
Finish what you started in me, God. 
Your love is eternal—don't quit on me now." ~Psalm 138:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me