Translate

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 316 of Giving Thanks

I now look at my life as a journey and roads traveled, where detours will occur and road blocks are inevitable – where storms will blow me right and left and off the road all together – where I will breakdown and crash – but the final destination, no matter the journey is under control of the perfect navigator – and if He is close, I am always closer than I realize.

F A I L U R E
malfunction, stoppage, collapse, disappointment,
let down, crash, not a success

None of these words describe me, or you – not in God’s eyes, not by His amazing purpose for us. I now know that I must have the correct dependence and source to remind of who I am all along my path.

And, while on my path, I am passionate about living out God’s purpose for my life in partnership with others who make up the beautiful body of Christ. I am grateful that my LORD loves for me to be edified and encouraged through His words and people. I am grateful that through His ministering to me, others can too, be encouraged and edified.


 “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” ~Thomas Edison

Know that you have not failed, you are on your journey, and God is always with you. All you have to do is seek His presence, love Him with all your heart and He will guide You along a lighted path.

“Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.” ~Isaiah 51:6


“Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” ~Thomas Edison


“Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test? And I trust that you will discover that we have not failed the test.”
~2 Corinthians 13:5-6 (NIV)

"...Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.” 2 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV)


© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                        
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/ 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me