Translate

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 311 of Giving Thanks

I only fail when I quit, and I will never quit!

I am learning that my feelings mean nothing – that it is a choice to push forward while God pulls. My priorities must remain correct – and how could I possibly fail? In trials, in the moments when it feels like it is just too much, I call out to God and He answers. The strength and power of the creator – and knowing that all was already accomplished before I even began, is of great comfort.

“When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.~John 19:30

God comes first, when I am right with God, and I place Him ahead of everything, the rest of my life will fall into perfect order – I have come to realize that “perfect order” does not always look like I think it should look.  My family, in particular, my husband is second – my business and job are third and everything else comes behind it all.

Lord, I mess this up so many times. I am thankful that messing up does not equal failure. And I am grateful for Your reminders of who I am in You; I pray for Your correction, Your guidance and Your protection as I work through making things right and allowing Your perfect order.

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” ~Psalm 139:14

I live day-to-day to realize Your perfect order and I commit to becoming better every day. And, I commit to always fighting what I am responsible to fight for, giving up what I cannot do to You – and I commit to “never quit!”

If you haven’t seen this video, you must watch it now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_wyBftd8gk&feature=player_embedded

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me