Translate

Friday, October 1, 2010

Day 324 of Giving Thank

It seems that the days, weeks and months just fly by. And, every year I say I will not “feel” like my life is flashing before my eyes, I am going to enjoy more – and although this year has moved extremely fast, I believe that I have taken in much more than ever before.

In the work I do, I spend a lot of time with people – and some have told me “spend time with more people to get better results”. There was a time when I took that and changed how I did things – full circle – once again, I will spend the time necessary to build the relationship, develop a friendship and help them to be self reliant.

“The time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

In the work I do, I spend a lot of time with people – and, it is my joy to show God in my life, to use my gifts to do God’s work – for me that is doing exactly what I do. I will build the relationships, develop the friendships and show them who they can rely on through the example of my life.

“Time and money spent in helping men to do more for themselves is far better than mere giving.” – Henry Ford

“She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.” ~Proverbs 31:17

“Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand—shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in heaven.” ~Matthew 5:14-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me