Translate

Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 334 Giving Thanks

I love music – the soft strum of a guitar or the roll of fingers on a piano. And, I am grateful for music. What a magnificent gift that God gave us. Some of my earliest memories are of me singing Lynn Anderson songs in the bar, in the back of the house. Shirley Temple numbers, including dancing “It’s a good ship lollipop” was one of my favorites.  It seemed there was always music playing.

And, as I got older, Elton John to John Denver, Cheap Trick to Journey and Shawn Colvin to Mercy Me.

Every morning I look forward to listening to worship music, and every weekend, we have music playing all the time around the house.

I look forward to the perfect music of heaven, and every once in a while, when it is quiet from the noise of the world, and His music is playing in the background, I get a glimpse, a sense of how awesome that will be.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me