Translate

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 354 of Giving Thanks

I heard in our teaching today something that I have known deep in my soul my entire life, “Friendship is the core of our being.”

“He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.” ~Proverbs 16:20 (NIV)

I have come to realize that the friends I have in my life right now are the friends who push me to become better, they want what is best for me and I am learning more than ever in my life. I love who God has created me to be – I love what He has for me – and I love who I get to grow with. I may not always know what is next, but He is surrounding me with the greatest people, to continue preparing me for greatness.

I am grateful that I am choosing to walk with the wise.

I also heard, “Leaders equip others” and friends encourage one another. That is what I strive for every day. I pray that during my journey, I can learn how to teach others, so I can learn more effectively.

“Do not forsake your friend and the friend of your father, and do not go to your brother's house when disaster strikes you—better a neighbor nearby than a brother far away.” Proverbs 27:10 (NIV)

My family has always lived far away from me, and I am grateful that God has given me great friends over the years and I have always had someone during a time of need. We are lifted by those who are close to us and who keep us close. We truly do need each other.

"If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up." ~ Ecclesiastes 4:10

When we have solid friendships, we have greater strength and we become wiser much more effectively and faster. I am grateful to have several friends and for all the counsel from these fabulous brothers and sisters.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken. ~Ecclesiastes 4:12 (NIV)

“Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but the kisses of an enemy are lavish and deceitful." ~Proverbs 27:6 (Amplified)

“Just as lotions and fragrance give sensual delight, a sweet friendship refreshes the soul.”~Proverbs 27:9 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me