Translate

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 350 of Giving Thanks

This afternoon, as the list got longer and the first item on my list became more daunting of a task, I did what comes naturally, I complained, “I can’t figure this out, why is this so difficult? I will never finish…..” I was about ready for my second full sentence, when I stopped, closed my eyes and sat there quietly for a few minutes.

This morning, during my beautiful and peaceful quiet time, I wrote these words:
A T T E N T I O N
YES, YOU.
Stop whatever you are doing right now.
P R A I S E Him, as He has all of you.
Frustrated? Thank him for clarity and peace.
Elated? Thank him for clarity and peace.
Whatever you are feeling, this moment or the next - thank him for clarity and peace.

That was enough to get the juices flowing again; I finished three really small and easy projects within a half hour and set things up for the volunteer – who would be in shortly. Then I called technical support. Which started to cause a little more frustration, but I kept calm and “chatted” my way to a second and third person – and she was truly an angel, she offered to have the report to me in the morning, she would do it. Task done! Mission accomplished.

I am thankful for a mighty God who gives clarity and peace in all things. All I had to do was thank Him first and it was done.

“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." ~2 Corinthians 17-18



© 2010/2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me