Translate

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 343 of Giving Thanks

A friend wrote, that as he seeks to serve others, amazingly his needs are “wonderfully met”.
"He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25

Wow, confirmation comes in perfect timing. This is one of my life verses. And, as I sat to write GTD this morning, feeling a bit melancholy and overwhelmed with what I have been lax in lately, due to my lack of energy and stamina, I wrote these words:

I really am not a “side lines” type of person. Yet, right now that is right where I am when it comes to getting involved; not only with new things, but just keeping the normal things going.

After writing these words, I stopped to get ready for work, and as soon as the water flowed, so did God’s words to me… “I have plans, but you need to be still so you can recognize My direction, hear My footsteps and know that it is My voice you listen to.” You see, I am, typically, so busy, that I don’t stop for very long. And, over the past two months as I have been required to spend 1 to 2 hour sessions getting physical therapy, 3 days a week, I have had time to be still. To seek God, pray for others.

With tears streaming down my face, my God assures me “it is not the side lines that you are on, it is my path; one that allows My voice to be heard. Hear me, so others can hear Me through you. Be patient and heal and know that I am here.”  Father I am grateful that You create the appropriate obstacles and use my circumstances greatly.

Lord, thank you for confirmation that as I pray for others and You show me how to serve others, my needs too will be “wonderfully met”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me