Translate

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 351 of Giving Thanks

It truly is not the understanding of why our lives are what they are, but the understanding that it does not matter when God is in control.

“I can be calm and free from care on any shore, since God is there.” ~Madame Jeanne Guyon

Lord my heart’s desire to live my life fully. It is what I wake up for, and what I work toward is You.

And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians 1:10-14

I often wonder what the “whole picture” of my life will look like when I go to be with my heavenly Father. I never thought there would be a city, a building or even a street named after me, but I would like to know that many seeds are being planted, that will bloom for many years to follow. That many will know the awesome love I have in my heart because of what Jesus did for me.

There are so many days when I am in awe of my own life - of all He has done, and is doing in my life. I have lived miracle after miracle and know that He is present and guiding my life. I am grateful that my tiny faith, in the beginning has grown tremendously; yet, in the scheme of “God” things, it is still small.

"I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" ~Mark 9:24

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" Romans 8:31-32

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me