Translate

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 353 of Giving Thanks

Today is my husband’s birthday, and every year I try to pull something off as a surprise – anything and I usually cannot accomplish the surprise. This year, things were moving along nicely. We have reservations for dinner in the city, the reservations were not a surprise but who would be there was. And, tonight is game three of the World Series, and the Giants are playing – very exciting. Last night, Chris says, “let’s stay home for the game we can go out to dinner another time”. I don’t think that fast on my feet all the time, and this was one of them. I said nothing. I decided to ignore the comment. As we were finalizing our “plans” he reminded me again “what a great birthday present to see the Giant’s playing in the World Series… and we’re staying home, right?”

Needless to say, I had to tell him that our friends would be joining us for dinner, so I would have to let them know our plans had changed. We decided to go out to dinner, I believe we will have a fabulous time, and we will still get to watch the game on tape delay.

It is great to see my husband enjoying this birthday – knowing that something he has waited a long time for, is happening during his birthday. My husband was born and raised in San Francisco, and a lifetime Giant’s fan. I am grateful for this time of our life. After twelve years, we have made it through a lot, and the best times are yet to come. Looking for continued wins… Go Boretas! Go Giants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me