Translate

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Day 339 of Giving Thanks

Today, I am writing for yesterday – I helped my best friend finish stuff up for her family’s move to southern California, and I was not able to write. It is a good thing we had a lot to do, because emotionally, I would have been a mess.

I have always said “I love change” and really after this (almost) year-long walk in gratitude, I believe I am really afraid of “being stuck”.

And, this kind of change I am not use to. I know God has a plan; and typically, I love to move furniture, change my hair, buy new clothes – fresh start, but is that really what that is? As I drove home last night after helping Dana, I thought about change – and really it is not change that I desire, it is transformation.

As I transform, as God transforms my life, I am aware that as I allow this, and embrace it, getting stuck is much more difficult.

So today I am grateful for transformation, for a changing view and that God has it all under control. Father I pray that I not “get stuck”, that I look to You for the changes needed so that trued transformation can occur.

“But our citenship is in heaven. and we eagerly await a savior from there, The Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body." ~Philipians 3:20-21 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Shawn! So glad you posted this ... it was really thought provoking for me ... is it change I want or transformation ... and like you, I desire transformation. We can change things about our physical environment hoping that it will change us somehow, only to realize that it doesn't. Things may change around us, but in the end it doesn't change us. I desire transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post. I apologize it took me a bit to write. His workings are truly amazing and my transformation is an absolute miracle - and I am grateful for Him. May the Lord bless your path and His light shine brightly as he transforms you.

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me