Translate

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 340 of Giving Thanks

For the past few months, I have been putting watching a movie off, I had this opinion about this particular actor; and decided in advance that I would not like the movie. The movie sat on our shelf, and kept getting shuffled, however, it was inevasible that we would watch it.

Tonight we did the inevitable, we watched the movie and surprisingly enough, it was nothing like I had imagined it to be. I actually liked it. It was a typical comedy for today, predicable humor and a little “over the top”.

I know that if I need something the lessons will come and when I hear God telling me to do something, I get that nudge, I need to move on it now, even if I do not see the big picture. I must know that His plan will play out and that is inevitable. I can rest every day knowing that there is no guessing and no worries when it comes to my life because God’s love for me is predicable, and my caution is what is “over the top”, and very unnecessary.   

I am grateful that God is faithful. That His word is “the” word and His truth is all I need – I know that I can always trust where God is leading me. Trusting what I read in His promises, and knowing from the depths of my soul that it is my heavenly Father speaking to me is an amazing assurance for safe passage through this life.

As I live Christ-like, I will be more action-oriented when it comes to God’s promptings, and leave the shelf for things I have already done, not to put things off. Lord I pray for your guidance always, for the drawing of my life toward You and help me to realize that Your plan will always be perfect for my life. That You working in my life is inevitable and Your ways are best. Unlike the movie, which could have been horrible, this time it worked out, there are no surprises in how the movie of my life will end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me