Translate

Friday, October 22, 2010

Day 345 of Giving Thanks

My life has been anything but comfortable lately, yet I am completely comforted by what is going on. In the years that I have been a Christian, I can mark this past year as a wonderful working of God; and a beautiful gift received from my heavenly Father. Through, probably some the greatest hardships, pain and disappointments of my life, He has brought light, brighter than imaginable, hope, greater than I ever thought possible and vision, more vivid than life itself.  There is so much reason without all of this to praise Him for, yet He still gives.

 Psalm 50
Hallelujah! Praise God in his holy house of worship, 
      praise him under the open skies; 
   Praise him for his acts of power, 
      praise him for his magnificent greatness; 
   Praise with a blast on the trumpet, 
      praise by strumming soft strings; 
   Praise him with castanets and dance, 
      praise him with banjo and flute; 
   Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, 
      praise him with fiddles and mandolin. 
   Let every living, breathing creature praise God! 
      Hallelujah!

I know that God answers my prayers – every single one of them. Now, that is commitment at the highest level. And still there are times I am left saying “really Lord?”, but I am learning to respond with “Thank You Lord!”

“When I call, give me answers. God, take my side! Once, in a tight place, you gave me room; Now I’m in trouble again: grace me! Hear me!” Psalm 4:1 (The Message)

“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy.
Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.” ~Psalm 116:1-2 (NIV)

How could I do anything less than sign His praises and worship wholly my living God for all that He has already done. And, yet He will continue to bless my life – my life overflows with You LORD.

"Many are saying, "Who can show us anything good? 
Let the light of your presence shine on us, O Lord. You put more joy in my heart than when their grain and new wine increase. I fall asleep in peace the moment I lie down because you alone, O LORD, enable me to live securely." ~Psalm 4:6-8 (GOD's Word Translation) 




© 2010 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Giving-Thanks-Daily/290738571406

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me