Translate

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 329 of Giving Thanks

There are so many things to learn, and in the process, I am realizing that as long as I stay in the light, I will be on track. Today, I am grateful for God’s light in my life.  

“Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.~Psalm 97:11
Learning through life’s lessons

“It is written in the Prophets: 'They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father. I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.”  John 6:45-47 (NIV)

Increasing my knowledge through His word

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. But you, Daniel, close up and seal the words of the scroll until the time of the end. Many will go here and there to increase knowledge." ~Daniel 12:3-4 (NIV)
Giving all my concerns to the Lord
“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." ~Matthew 11:28-30 (The Message)
Holding tightly to His promises
“Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made.” ~ Psalm 145"13 (NIV)
Telling His truth always
A truthful witness saves lives, but a false witness is deceitful.” ~Proverbs 14:25 (NIV)
Kings take pleasure in honest lips; they value a man who speaks the truth.” ~Proverbs 16:13 (NIV)

The last couple days, I have been diving in to learn the truth about the specific area of sin – and through my meditation, and time with God, He has spoken clearly – directing me to what I needed to read and absorb. Thank You Father for, not only giving the beautiful gift of grace but also, the understanding of how truly amazing it is.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me