Translate

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 326 of Giving Thanks

“Lord you are so amazing – I am in awe every day of your greatness” seems to be a common statement lately.

It was an energetic talk today from Richard Moore, still in Proverbs discussing Smart People Honor Their Parents. Richard shared three things to pay attention to as we grow in faith in honoring our parents (our heavenly Father).

1. Listening to their (His) instruction –
2. Embracing their (His) correction –
3. Don’t forget their (His) wisdom –

“Maybe today is the day you say yes to Jesus Richard said toward the end of his sermon this morning. Despite the fact that it has been eight years since I said yes to Jesus, I desire him even more today and pray for deeper understanding every day.

As I listen to His instruction, I am still). As I embrace His correction, I pray for understanding and even more desire to do His will. As I read and meditate on His word daily, I and will not forget His wisdom.
Listen

“My son/daughter, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart” ~Proverbs 3:1

Embrace
“My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
and do not resent his rebuke,
because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father [a] the son he delights in.” ~Provers 3:11

So, what can I say yes to today that Jesus is telling me, that has been laid before our Father in heaven on my behalf? He is waiting. He is faithful. He is trustworthy.

Don’t Forget Wisdom
“My son/daughter, if your heart is wise,
then my heart will be glad” ~Proverbs 23:15

“Stop listening to instruction, my son/daughter,
and you will stray from the words of knowledge.” ~Proverbs 19:27

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me