Translate

Monday, October 18, 2010

Day 341 of Giving Thanks

There are times when I look back and I am reminded of how much has changed in my life. There were times in my life that were very dark; uninviting to others, negative and foreboding; I lived with lies that darkened so much in my life. The mirror was a tough spot to stand in – and the words that I held on to, and replayed over and over were all the enemy’s lies.

Now, there is light at every turn.  And, because He suffered, I wear a crown. I am beautiful and you are beautiful - Ladies, look in the mirror - see what God has made.

Dig deep, ponder much and seek often. Ask God, what do you have for me Father? Show me, share Your great promises with me. And, as you look deeply into your eyes, see through to what He has created – A mighty woman of God. 

Yes, “Jesus loves me”, but I will not take that for granted. What I speak, whether out loud or to myself represents me... but more importantly, it represents my God. If I am touting to be a child of God and profanity, negativity or complaining comes from my tongue, what does that say about my faith, about my walk with the Lord? Is it allowing others to see the amazing gift I accepted? Is it attracting others to the same faith or walk?


I am so grateful that one of God's gifts to me has been amazing examples of godly women; those whose daily walk reflect a mighty and hope-giving God in their lives. In the mirror, I have found that woman. I will smile, as there is joy; I will sing, as there is reason to celebrate; I will dance, as there is the wonderful sound of the heavens playing steadily in my soul. And, I will share, for it is good, and God’s grace is free and for everyone.

 Psalm 98

A psalm.

 1 Sing to the LORD a new song, 
       for he has done marvelous things; 
       his right hand and his holy arm 
       have worked salvation for him.
 2 The LORD has made his salvation known 
       and revealed his righteousness to the nations.

 3 He has remembered his love 
       and his faithfulness to the house of Israel; 
       all the ends of the earth have seen 
       the salvation of our God.

 4 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, 
       burst into jubilant song with music;

 5 make music to the LORD with the harp, 
       with the harp and the sound of singing,

 6 with trumpets and the blast of the ram's horn— 
       shout for joy before the LORD, the King.

 7 Let the sea resound, and everything in it, 
       the world, and all who live in it.

 8 Let the rivers clap their hands, 
      Let the mountains sing together for joy; 
9 let them sing before the LORD, 
       for he comes to judge the earth. 
       He will judge the world in righteousness 
       and the peoples with equity.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me