Translate

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 347 of Giving Thanks

Today I will hold onto the Power of a God vision. I have written about my vision before; with fire in my eyes and passion in my voice, I have described my vision so many times. And, recently with exhaustion taxing my senses, I lost sight of where that vision came from; I found myself questioning what I saw in my vision and my path. This past week I received input from well-meaning people that it might be time to “throw in the towel”, “find something new”, and tonight I am here to say “No way!”

“If people can't see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed.” ~Proverbs 29:18

“If this (where you are right now) is not the vision you saw, then it’s not time to give up”, delivered today in his teaching at my friend’s church by their guest speaker, David Katina. Elders at his church gave this message to him in 2007, when numbers dipped from over 350 down to 13… perfect advice and exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Today their cell groups are around 250 and growing.  Where I am right now, is not the vision God gave me, so I will not stop and I will not give up, because God is not done with me.

“Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,..." ~Philippians 3:13


Pastor Katina, started his teaching with “Good, better, best, never let it rest; ‘til the good is better and will never rest; and the better gets best”, and we had it memorized by the time he finished up – I am left with some wonderful statements and questions –
Faith to faith – Strength to strength – Glory to glory and only with God is all this possible, Jeremiah 33:3 says “Call unto me, and I will show you great and mighty things”.


As I move toward my dream, I am grateful for everything in my life, and the blessings I receive for listening to His urgings – and I ask myself, “Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not me now?” I encourage you to ask the same questions as you move toward your dream.

I must learn to “see” with God’s eyes and continue to ask Him to show me what is to come. Father, it is with a desire to open up my spiritual eyes, and allow me to see what You have for me; and no matter what this life brings, I pray for strength, courage, insight and discernment to hear and see Your truth and keep my eyes on the heavenly realm. I pray that my life will advance the gospel.

“For
God so loved the world that he gave his one and
Only
Son, that whoever believes in him shall not
Perish but have
Eternal
Life." ~John 3:16

“For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. You have done a foolish thing, and from now on you will be at war." ~2 Chronicles 16:9


"But oh! God is in his holy Temple! 
   Quiet everyone—a holy silence. Listen!" ~Habakkuk 2:20




© 2011 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta                     
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150327530757809

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me