Translate

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 333 of Giving Thanks

I started out this morning thinking I would get a ton of work done. It amazes me how God can stop me in my tracks of exhaustion. I believe the week of packing and cleaning at work finally caught up with me today. So, today was a rest day. So, I spent most of the day hanging out with my honey in our back yard and a couple hours dwelling in God's word.

My doctor told me a few weeks ago, that I will heal when I can learn to rest. That truly is a tough one for me. Resting means I have to stop. Stopping means that I don’t get things done. However, that is my old thinking. Today, I know that as I get better, I will become much more efficient. Clarity will return with a vengeance – and I look forward to that time.

God requests that I rest in Him.  As I read through many chapters today I saw many reasons to be grateful, and I am thankful that I had this time with God today.

I praise You Lord for Your confirmation.

“If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.” ~1 John 1:8-10 (NIV)

I praise You Lord for Your wonderful word and the hope I have for healing.

 “A twinkle in the eye means joy in the heart, and good news makes you feel fit as a fiddle." ~Proverbs 15:30 (The Message)

“Lord, by such things men live; and my spirit finds life in them too.You restored me to health and let me live.” ~Isaiah 38:16 (NIV)

I praise You Lord that I am Your child.

“How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure." ~1 John 3:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me