Translate

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Day 332 of Giving Thanks

Hello weekend” I thought as I left work yesterday to head to the Warriors game – what a week. I am grateful that we got through all the packing for the office and making sure that we could get into the new space on time. By Wednesday, we were praying, that we would get through all the “stuff”; Thursday we were seeing empty space and order in amongst all the boxes, recycle bins and dumpster.  By Friday at noon, we knew it was just a few things to pack, and we were done.

What an assuring thing to know that something is already finished!

“When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit." ~John 19:30

So, as I headed to the weekend, I could truly enjoy and not fret about something not being complete; and I didn’t have to go back and do more.  I can go in confidence; a freedom I feel every day. Thank You Lord for Your assurance and being faithful to Your promises.

We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where Jesus, who went before us, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek." ~Hebrews 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me