Translate

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 336 Giving Thanks

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” ~Jeremiah 29:11


Praise God for His plan and purpose for my life. I am thankful when there are moments of clarity and confirmation that I am on the right path. This afternoon, another new doctor – he was respectful, inquisitive and supportive. What a difference, and what a relief. Thank you to my very awesome friends who prayed this afternoon.

A good day all the way around! I am thankful for answered prayers – all of them.

On the way home, I stopped by to see my friends Nola and Leo, my wonderful neighbors – both in their 80s and lovely in their own ways. Nola, like my mom – always wanting to listen and give love “tell me about it, Shawn”, caressing my hand, exuding love and affection. And Leo, the wise and experienced Christian, aging but wisdom pouring out “are you sure, Shawn? Tell me what that means”.

 “Do you listen in on God's council? Do you limit wisdom to yourself? What do you know that we do not know? What insights do you have that we do not have?" ~Job 15:8-9

The value of experience cannot be replaced by anything. Even if the wisdom is speckled with repeats and slight confusion, God gets through. After a short (somewhat short) story from Leo, I heard again how important patience with others and loving, even the unlovely are so important. God I hear You and I promise my heart is receiving this message as well.

Whatever Your plans, I am ready to take on what You give with an attitude of gratitude and a life filled with the Holy Spirit, I can only see an amazing life before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me