Translate

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 355 of Giving Thanks

‎"And in their prayers for you their hearts will go out to you, because of the surpassing grace God has given you. Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift!" 2 Corinthians 9:14-15

Today, I am grateful that early on, as a Christian, I was not concerned about my salvation. The basics were concise and clear on receiving God’s gift, and feeling secure in my walk. Over the weekend, I read a blog that caught me off guard. She indicated that a few days before, her life flashed before her eyes in a 'near death' experience, when contemplating where she would end up if she died, she said "But, was I happy with where I saw my soul going? Not in the slightest." This is a Christian writer, and she said “I know what all you Christians are thinking, once saved…. “ And, this Christian says, “absolutely”.

Religion is DO; what do I need to do to win grace?
Relationship is DONE; Jesus already did what has to be done.  



My salvation is secure. The enemy uses doubts about our salvation to make us insecure - and when we are insecure, we do not share the wonderful gift of the Lord with others appropriately or often.

If you knew 100% that God's gift was what He says, wouldn’t you share it with everyone, every day in every way possible?

On my heart and through my fingers to the keyboard these words were shared earlier today:
Remove the guilt from your actions. The feeling of guilt is not from God! He has already done what is to be done.
We cannot do anything except to show gratitude for what was done on the cross and at Calvary.

·       Do things because of all the tender moments you are grateful for.
·       Do things because of all the people who love you.
·       Do things because of all the hope that is provided through His promises.
·       Do things because He loved you first.
·       Do things because His love is BIGGER than imaginable.
·       Do things because you are deeply convicted.
·       Do things because your heart has been moved to do so. 
·       Do things because you are confident in the Lord.
·       Do things because He sacrificed so much so you could "do things".

Each one of us has been presented with the ultimate gift, and when we accept it, “it is finished” do things because you want to and your heart aches to do them. 

“So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded. You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.

For, “In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay.”

And,“But my righteous one will live by faith.  And I take no pleasure in the one who shrinks back."

 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.” ~Hebrews 10:35-39


And, in growing in our faith, we are to lay a strong foundation and build upon it as Jesus did. Paul graciously said, “By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it.”  ~1 Corinthians 3:10.

1 comment:

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me