Translate

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 370 of Giving Thanks


“Quiet my mind”, I hear myself say as I sit in my living room this morning. My heart dwells in the silence and my desire is to deliver myself to the Lord and present myself completely.

“If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you." ~John 15:7 

And like a boom the silence is stirred with thoughts of the day and street noises that, just moments ago, were silenced through a focus on being still. In my time, I kept hearing a plea to find more silence in my days – like an arm reaching through the sand to grab a hold of something deep beneath the surface, I could visualize, but just could not grab on today.

I can usually find comfort through the word as I read my way through the “whys” in my mind. In fact, I am usually pretty good at asking, “what next” God – and this week, I have found myself slipping into many “why” questions. But I did find my way back to the right path – the path that is in front of me all the time –the path that gets rough when I become distracted or unfocused – the path that God laid out specifically for me, and all I have to do is call to Him and He will set my path straight again.

“...in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." ~Proverbs 3:6

Lord, I pray for Your favor and grace during this time of my life, when grabbing on seems impossible and some things seem so unattainable. Father remind me to hold on to Your promises and seek Your loving truths as I wander through my days.

"But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." ~2 Corinthians 12:9

"Just then a woman who had hemorrhaged for twelve years slipped in from behind and lightly touched his robe. She was thinking to herself, "If I can just put a finger on his robe, I'll get well." Jesus turned—caught her at it. Then he reassured her: "Courage, daughter. You took a risk of faith, and now you're well." The woman was well from then on.” ~Matthew 9:20-22 (The Message)

Give me this kind of courage, Father. “If I can just put a finger on his robe, I’ll get well.” And, yet, I am already covered by His robe, His blood and my heavenly Father’s promises. I am grateful for Jesus’ work on the cross – and the hope that is given with just that knowledge. My soul sings for all that is possible.
Image owned by © Stephen Gjertson, The Hem of His Garment
www.classicalrealism.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me