Translate

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 364 of Giving Thanks

What God has done in my life in such a short period of time baffles my mind – but I also know that His works are perfect and truly what I see is only a small piece. When the expanse of my life is viewed in a snapshot from Heaven what will that look like?  I feel like this is the time that all the other parts of this journey will begin to make sense. It is the time when I look back to look at right now with the right eyes – eyes that are open, fully open and fully in focus.


This part of my life, right now could actually be the trailer of my life’s movie to this point. And, one might say, “that’s a bit dramatic”, and my response is “exactly!” However, I am not the star of this movie. The main character is Jesus – what He did on the cross and the character that He is forming in me as scene after scene is played out.


I look back at the completely devastating times of my life as purposed and necessary to bring me in to the promise land. And, although I may not completely know what that looks like, I know that I will recognize it, and I will be able to keep moving toward it, as I have the strength of the mighty creator directing me, correcting me and protecting me through it all.

“Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees. Make level paths for your feet,” so that the lame may not be disabled, but rather healed.
Warning and EncouragementMake every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many." ~Hebrews 12:12-15 

My prayer is that my life will reflect a story worth the words of my Father saying, “well done!” And, until then, and now I will sing His praises and love Him wholly.

“May the glory of the LORD endure forever; 
may the LORD rejoice in his works 
he who looks at the earth, and it trembles, 
who touches the mountains, and they smoke.

I will sing to the LORD all my life; 
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. 
May my meditation be pleasing to him, 
as I rejoice in the LORD. 


But may sinners vanish from the earth 
and the wicked be no more.

Praise the LORD, my soul.
Praise the LORD.” ~Psalm 104:31-35

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me