Translate

Monday, November 15, 2010

Day 368 of Giving Thanks

It is a good day when I can learn a new word while I am reading His word. And, not only a new word, but new word for my soul. Isn’t it amazing how completely awesome learning is? I am grateful for all learning opportunities.

I have been sitting here at Starbucks reading Psalm 29 – which I just realized I have never read it through before – visiting with my favorite Baristas and taking in the inklings of conversations around me, basking in the little voices of the children I hear and meeting more of God’s people in the process.

And, so as I get back to that new word, I know that in my life, I ascribe to all that God has for me daily, because He is my source, the source of everything, the author of my life, the author of everything. Through this life, I will be blessed and encouraged, as well as challenged and trialed and I can always get through because He loves me.

Webster’s describes ascribe as:

1.    to credit or assign, as to a particular origin or period: to ascribe parts of a play to Shakespeare.

2.    To attribute as a quality; consider as belonging to: ascribe beauty to youth.

I am grateful for His word, and all the opportunities He lays before me to learn.  

Psalm 29

A psalm of David.
1 Ascribe to the LORD, you heavenly beings, 
   ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. 
2 Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name; 
   worship the LORD in the splendor of his[a] holiness.
3 The voice of the LORD is over the waters; 
   the God of glory thunders, 
   the LORD thunders over the mighty waters. 
4 The voice of the LORD is powerful; 
   the voice of the LORD is majestic
. 
5 The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars; 
   the LORD breaks in pieces the cedars of Lebanon. 
6 He makes Lebanon leap like a calf, 
   Sirion[b] like a young wild ox. 
7 The voice of the LORD strikes 
   with flashes of lightning. 
8 The voice of the LORD shakes the desert; 
   the LORD shakes the Desert of Kadesh. 
9 The voice of the LORD twists the oaks[c] 
   and strips the forests bare. 
And in his temple all cry, “Glory!”
10 The LORD sits enthroned over the flood; 
   the LORD is enthroned as King forever. 
11 The LORD gives strength to his people; 
   the LORD blesses his people with peace
.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me