Translate

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 366 of Giving Thanks

As I begin the next 365 days of Giving Thanks, I stop and reflect on where I was before this journey began; before gratitude and being thankful - before true thankfulness - before I understood fullness of life.

“Out of his fullness we have all received grace in place of grace already given.” ~John 1:16 (NIV)

Today, I come to the Lord and pray for protection, guidance, discernment and wisdom as I allow my mind to fill with the words of the Lord, and my fingers hit the keys. I am grateful that during the first 365 days, I learned to be thankful through daily or circumstantial lessons, through the eyes of faith and the heart of the Lord that dwells deep within me.

I pray for the next level of learning and a heightened understanding as I seek and begin to understand what my heavenly Father has planned for me. Part of learning is knowing that I have let go what I use to know and hang on to all that God is showing me now. I am honored to live for Him as I live through Him, and as I show Him in my life.

Spiritual Fullness in Christ
 “So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” ~Colossians 2:6-12 (NIV)

Father, I thank You for all You show me, and all You have done. Help me Lord to stay on Your path, the perfect path.

“Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts." ~Colossians 3:16 (NIV)
 “We all live off his generous bounty, gift after gift after gift. 
We got the basics from Moses, and then this exuberant giving and receiving, This endless knowing and understanding—all this came through Jesus, the Messiah.
No one has ever seen God, not so much as a glimpse.
This one-of-a-kind God-Expression, who exists at the very heart of the Father, has made him plain as day.” ~John 1”16-18 (The Message)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me