Translate

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Day 359 of Giving Thanks

God shows up big when I pay attention and I now recognize His voice, especially when I am still. Today was a very interesting day, a day that really started a little over a week ago. I received a phone call from a friend, who told me about an opportunity that she had been praying about – as she prayed, she said that I kept coming to mind as she did. When she called me, it was like God has placed that call. And in that moment some more of the dots were connected.

So what does that tell me? That I must stay connected to God, so I can see where He is taking me now, through where I have been. And, in these moments, He reminds me that He is with me and has always been with me, EVEN when I dismissed His existence all together. He reveals how truly amazing my life is – that this average and ordinary woman is actually quite extraordinary because of where I come from and who I am.

I am grateful that I will not be forgotten, that I am important enough to be remembered by my creator and that His gift to me is something that I desire to share over and over.  Over the years, I have shared the Lord, in many different ways, and tonight I was able to share God to a child – and I was in awe when I heard how the Holy Spirit directed me.

We have a huge God, and as children of God, we often are overwhelmed, become confused, are unaware of what we really need or desire – and isn’t amazing that our God, who is so big and so awesome, know that we would struggle communicating at times and provided an interpreter? As God’s child, it is a beautiful gift that is always available – the Holy Spirit can take our mess of words, our confused thoughts and mixed feelings and lay down a perfect order to our heavenly Father that are true to the desires of  our heart.

“But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.”~John 14:16


No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me