Translate

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Day 363 of Giving Thanks

I thank God this morning for everything in my life, I remembered that I didn’t always feel this much gratitude. What was it that changed? It was a decision to trust God, to seek Him and to know that He is faithful and will never fail me.

Through daily thanks, I have discovered a fire for God, one that comes from getting to know Him and the beauty of this relationship. My life has changed dramatically – I was unsure of many things – and before this journey, I was a Christian by name. I had accepted the gift, and sat by and waited for my Christian life to happen to me. Now I take an active role in my Christian walk toward an abundant life.

“You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God." ~2 Corinthians 9:11 (New International Version)

I will not say that I have a perfect life, but I do have an exceptional life – a life where I am learning to be content, but one also filled with the hope of greatness in my life. Now what that greatness looks like is yet to be seen, but that is exciting to me. I am excited because I am seeking Him harder, and learning to listen with the right filter. As I sat quietly this morning, I thought of the following words and asked them of myself:

Did you know that God is constantly communicating with you? That He desires that you hear His voice and KNOW His presence?

If you have the "world" filter connected, it will be diffused, confused and misused messages.

If you have the Holy Spirit as your filter connected, you will hear His messages LOUD AND CLEAR!

Take off the world and put on the Holy Spirit!

“So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.” ~1 Peter 5:7 (The Message)

God has made me who I am, and as I take off the world, and put on the Holy Spirit, I pray that I can truly live carefree before God and appreciate how very careful with me He is.

© 2012 Giving Thanks Daily, Shawn Boreta
Web: http://shawnsgivingthanksdaily.blogspot.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150418958162809

*****************
We are Wonderfully Made (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wonderfully-Made/130178720330362), living to encourage and Equip His People (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Equip-His-People-Ephesians-411-13/170487976325407) and completely committed to believing greatly Psalm 139 with purpose (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Psalm-139-with-purpose/183264461708034).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me