Translate

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 376 of Giving Thanks

As I sit here, I realize that this is a wonderful time in my life. As the evening turns to night, I know that it is time to be still and settle my mind on my heavenly Father.


“But you will cross the Jordan and settle in the land the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance, and he will give you rest from all your enemies around you so that you will live in safety. Then to the place the LORD your God will choose as a dwelling for his Name—there you are to bring everything I command you…” ~Deuteronomy 12:10-11


Today and many days like this in the past would have left me “feeling” very unsatisfied with my accomplishments or progress, as the physical limitations I am experiencing in this chapter of my life, are unfamiliar territory. I now have the privilege to develop a new skill, which is to rest, and rest in Him.


Right now, my enemy is exhaustion and I find great comfort in being rooted in a mighty word. It is a true faith that will strengthen me as I live for Him and Him in me.


"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” - Colossians 2:6-7


I believe today, as I have never believed before, that my God is faithful – that my God is trustworthy and all my needs have already met. I will show my gratitude daily, in all ways possible and I am thankful for these truths.


Philippians 4:19 says "And my God will meet all my needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus."


What do I give in gratitude? I give it all – and not for what will be given because I give, but for what has already been given to me. It is true joy to worship and honor such an amazing God! 

 

“Give, and it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you.” ~Luke 6:38

 

1 comment:

  1. Each day, your powerful words cause me to reflect on the goodness of my GOD. Thanks for giving forth THANKS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me