Translate

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Day 371 of Giving Thanks


I would like to share again, that this journey of giving thanks daily started with a sentence or two and grew into what it is today. I did not always have a great outlook on my life; but from the outside I looked like the ultimate optimist. I could give you a list longer than long on what was wrong, what could be improved in my life, or that I right-out hated about my life.

This transformational change can be made easy or hard. Let’s start with the hard route – doing things all on my own, depending on me, being the strong, independent woman. And, the easy way is with God in control, and admitting, “God, I can’t do this – protect me, guide me, correct me, mold me, let me understand Your grace, see Your tenderness and experience Your mercy”.

Just like “that” – within 35 days, I noticed a difference; it went from hard to easier, yet, I found myself saying to myself this morning “It is not the faithfulness of the Lord that I tend to doubt – it is my belief that He is faithful that I doubt.  Lord, remove any doubt... and help me believe like I have never believed before.”

"But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him." ~Jeremiah 17:7

On some days, I am still afraid, I still doubt, I question my circumstances – momentarily, anyway –I seek His presence through His assurances and promises in the word.

“Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes, I will help you; yes, I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.” ~ Isaiah 41:10 (Amplified Bible)
“Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD.” ~Psalm 31:24 (New International Version)
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." ~Deuteronomy 31:6 (New International Version)


I am thankful that I know where to go for my power and strength, and I am thankful that my God is faithful, and all I have to do is believe and remove the doubt. Today, I am hopeful and I find joy in much of my life. I am not an ultimate optimist, I am the daughter of the King, a king who also created me and everything in this amazing universe – my future is secured – because He made a way.

"I'm not what I can be, I'm not what I should be, I'm not what I want to be, but thank God I'm not what I used to be." ~ John Wooden

"I have told you this, so that you might have peace in your hearts because of me. While you are in the world, you will have to suffer. But cheer up! I have defeated the world.” John 16:33 (Common English Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me