Translate

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day 380 of Giving Thanks

As I sat quietly this morning, the term, “Cog in the wheel”, popped into my head – and from the worlds view the term really emphasizes a person’s lack of importance – really, it is impossible for machinery to work without all the cogs in place. Every cog is necessary and important. I am grateful to be one of the cogs in the body of Christ; that my role is significant and I know that my role has already been determined. And all things work together for His good.

“We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God—those whom he has called according to his plan." ~Romans 8:28

I am grateful that I am not disillusioned when things don’t go well, sometimes I am surprised, upset, angry, hurt or disappointed when circumstances are different than what I expect – but in the long run, God’s perspective is much greater than mine and always perfect. I am learning to question differently. Instead of “why this is”, I can now ask “how can God use this?”

Lord, my part can be confusing, and at times, unsatisfying. Help me to see the great in my life, every moment, of every day I am here. Continue to remind me that there is a big picture, that my part is small, yet significant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me