Translate

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 367 of Giving Thanks

For the last four days, I have been home and sick. And, I have received so much encouragement – and for me it is a direct line of encouragement from my heavenly Father through His faithful.

There are many of us, who have been hurt, are in physical pain and go through disappointment after disappointment. I understand, it is so easy to wonder "why" all this hurt, pain and disappointment can be in one’s life. But I am here to tell you, that the outlook is not bleak; that it is all perspective and what I have my sights on that will keep be dreading or desiring.

Through this life I will acknowledge the hurt, pain and disappointments while continuing to move toward a life of giving thanks for the blessings. I can do this by encouraging others and shining God's light. God has given me a huge desire to encourage others, and see others through compassionate eyes and passionate heart.

I thank God for His work in my life through the work I can accomplish while encouraging others. I have found that when I focus on others, my disappointments seem smaller. Also, when I focus on helping others who may have the same hurt, pain and disappointments by encouraging and edifying them, all of mine challenges become smaller.

So, how do I accomplish this? In my experience, it is through accomplishing God’s work and I have become fascinated with the healing from this world, by running toward God - and it has turned out, that HE IS COMPLETELY FAITHFUL.

"Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And, the God of love and peace will be with you." ~2 Corinthians 13:11

This has been a week of the greatest encouragement coming my direction. From friends praying for my healing to telling me  that my ministry work has encouraged them. I am so grateful that people see Jesus in me, and i pray that He continues to prune my life and grow His crop. Thank You  Father for preparing me for the amazing harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me