Translate

Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 362 of Giving Thanks

“Rest comes to mind”, I heard it again today. This is an instruction that is really hard for me to follow. My days, at times are like a tug of war between what my body and God says to do, and what I “think” I should be doing. The evening is just beginning and I already know that my time is limited tonight. I received a call tonight to that will take me away from the rest. It is something that I believe I will get a lot out of, but it will keep me out for the evening – and again, I am torn.

I have so many people in my life who have reached out and grabbed onto a part of my life. People who care deeply for me, pray for me, hope for me… and I am grateful for every one of them. I have people every day remind me to “listen” for God, and rest in Him. And, who also share what their prayers have given them about me “Rest comes to mind” she said today, a match of what another friend yesterday – two days in a row, two friends, two continents, same word.

“Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” ~Matthew 6:34

Father, as I make decisions in my life, I seek You. I desire to hear Your answers, a confirmation in my heart, a whisper in my ear or a phone call to ensure that what I hear is Your voice of reason, and not mine. Help me Lord to “rest in you”. It is my desire to serve gratefully and wholly, as well as obediently. It is my desire to fulfill what You have already planned for me. It is my desire to please my heavenly Father. These things I pray, in Jesus name, Amen.

“Search me, God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.” ~Psalm 139:23-24

You love me so much Lord, and I know that if You are telling me to rest, it is for my own good.
So, I will rest and wait for your command that I am ready and rested to start again.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shawn Delia Boreta

Free e-Book Devotional

Free e-Book Devotional
It's All About Me